Monday, November 11, 2024

Two nights complete

Over the past two nights, I utilized the air mattress on the office floor to monitor the dog’s well-being and avoid the inconvenience of ascending the stairs repeatedly. While the mattress provided a degree of comfort, approximately at 4:30 AM on Sunday, a deer unexpectedly traversed the street in front of the residence. The dog, upon perceiving the deer through the window, exhibited an intense reaction. It transpired that the dog required over an hour to regain composure. The reason behind Lulu’s heightened sensitivity to other animals remains unclear, particularly considering her indifference towards the dog residing across the street.

On Sunday, I engaged in football viewing and participated in a 25K Zwift ride under the account of Jordan, who is currently residing in New Zealand. His intention is to sustain his streak, and I have agreed to ride for him while away, albeit at a reduced pace. Despite this, I remain somewhat apprehensive, as Lulu has experienced two instances of vomiting—once on Saturday morning and again this morning. To address this issue, I intend to gradually reduce her food intake by approximately 25% of her usual amount every three hours for a period of several days. I anticipate this intervention will yield positive results.

Currently, I am diligently reviewing my master image files and implementing an updated file naming system. Each filename now incorporates the camera’s name, location, and the date the photograph was captured, thereby facilitating the identification of specific details. Additionally, I am actively reviewing and eliminating duplicates or images that lack significant memorability. This proactive approach ensures that my photo library remains organized and manageable. For instance, following my recent excursion to the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains, I accumulated over 600 images. However, I successfully narrowed down the collection to 451, which remains substantial but within a manageable range.

Following the conclusion of the election, I have come to a sense of acceptance. Nevertheless, I harbor optimism that a sufficient number of rational Republicans will exert influence over Trump’s actions. If he is not restrained, he poses a significant risk of inciting chaos. Notably, the stock market experienced a remarkable 7% increase over two days and has maintained its upward trajectory since then. This positive development is particularly advantageous for retirement savings. Personally, I am not overly concerned about my own well-being under this administration. My primary concern lies in the potential impact of my absence on the lives of others.

Consequently, Lulu and I have 17 additional nights before their return. It is challenging to discern whether she is experiencing an improvement in her condition or remains subdued without their presence. She has been dedicating a considerable amount of time to napping.

Carry on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...