Monday, July 31, 2023

Gollllly - life is ?

I’ve been writing less, doing less, and having less exciting news in the past few years. It feels like a never-ending cycle of work, sleep, and eating. Before I get into the negative, I’m happy to share that I put my work computer away and took my first vacation in five years. I’ve been losing about two weeks of vacation a year, but this is a great start to transitioning me out of my current job.


My girlfriend has seven active grandkids, and we spent a week at Grandview Lodge with them. Despite the busyness, we made great memories, which keep us young. Here’s a photo of the troop! I also spent a week in North Carolina with my son. I helped with household maintenance, which was a nice break from the monotony. While there, I visited the The Historic Occoneechee Speedway Trail, one of the oldest abandoned racetracks.

Here are a few photos:




After returning from each week away, I worked a 65-hour week to stay above water and another 50 to catch up. This highlights the urgency to leave, but more made me realize I needed to escape. The health decline began almost 7 years ago and has been a fight since. I’m unsure if it’s COVID stress, my toxic workplace, my father’s passing, aging, or something else, but everything seems more complicated, and my mind is less emotionally prepared.


My recent physician visit revealed a need for change. I’ve been on oral iron supplements for 6 months, and they have slightly improved my condition. However, the oral iron causes severe stomach pain, and I have all the classic anemia symptoms, confirmed by blood work.

  • I am tired all the time, but I can't sleep.  Four Advil PMs and I might sleep 4 hours!
  • I have extreme shortness of breath
  • Chest pain is a daily occurrence
  • My hands and feet get cold easily
  • My heart will race
  • For decades, a headaches were rare, but now it is widespread

After six months, I had anticipated improved outcomes, but the majority of the results fell significantly below the recommended minimum. Although not as severe as the situation in 2017, it is evident that the issues persist.

After receiving the unexpected blood test results in June 2023, I was shocked to have an EKG and the following appointment. The doctor explained that untreated anemia puts pressure on the heart, with a bleak outlook. This was odd since I feel best riding a bike with a heart rate over 120. Is the body happy to get more oxygen?


In a few weeks, I’ll have three infusions, up from two and one in the past. I hope this helps me. Retiring will reduce stress, which is beneficial for my health. Workplace changes are common, but over 33% of employees are new within two years. In my division, 70% of new employees report dissatisfaction and quit, but it persists. My workplace is so bad that I retired before 62 and hope to succeed financially. If I stay, I’ll die. I can control this outcome. My job is posted and should be filled in the next few weeks. I’ll train the new supervisor before retiring.


May the infusions work, my health improve, and reduced stress make life more enjoyable!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...