Wednesday, November 13, 2024

A little tired

So, yesterday morning, I was up bright and early at 7:15 a.m. Jordan texted me that he’d signed me up for a Zwift event at 10:00 a.m. my time. I was all set and ready to ride by 9:50 a.m. But guess what? The event never started! So, I decided to start another ride instead.

After about 45 minutes, the event I was supposed to ride in suddenly appeared. When he mentioned your time, he meant my local time (Central) and not Eastern, where I was watching his puppy. So, I paused, grabbed some fluids, and then kept riding. Later that day, he said I did stage 4 instead of stage 5, but then he realized he was a day ahead and stage 5 hadn’t started yet, so it automatically assigned me stage 4. As a result, I was exhausted! My legs were sore, my stomach hurt, and I felt dehydrated. I spent the rest of the day cleaning up computer files and working on songs.

Upon waking this morning, I resolved to complete the staining of the deck. A single additional coat would suffice, rendering the project complete. Subsequently, I prepared a batch of pretzel buns, which I will elaborate upon in a later post. I embarked on a three-mile walk with Lulu around Shelley LakeIt had been some time since I had walked over two miles. The walk was exceptionally enjoyable, and Lulu took her time, savoring the opportunity to explore every nook and cranny along the way. I did experience a slight concern, as I had inadvertently forgotten to bring water. Fortunately, a water fountain was available for both humans and dogs.

This lake in Raleigh, North Carolina, is renowned for its abundant avian population throughout the year. I saw little avian activity today, but there were some photo opportunities.






The day felt protracted. I had attempted to prepare fresh pretzel buns before visiting the park, but they failed to rise, necessitating a repeat attempt. Despite warming the water, the yeast proved ineffective. After conducting an internet search, I discerned that this was the second instance of this occurrence within three attempts while residing in North Carolina. Consequently, I discarded the dough and commenced a new batch upon returning from the park. The resulting buns were exceptional. This marks my seventh attempt, and each iteration has yielded improved results.


Over the past few nights, I have experienced difficulties in getting a restful sleep on the air mattress in the office. Consequently, I relocated it to the floor in front of the couch, enabling me to prop myself up and utilize one side as a makeshift bed. I am hopeful that this adjustment will alleviate my sleep issues. It remains preferable to ascend and descend the stairs repeatedly whenever the dog requires assistance.


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...