Some individuals never have the opportunity to complete a marathon, which is a foot race of 26.2 miles. According to the record books, only 0.5 percent of Americans have finished a marathon. In 2011, there were 551,811 marathon finishers in the United States. It is also stated that the average person trains for 40 miles weekly for the marathon. If I were a novice, I would concur with this statement. However, after participating in more than 60 marathons or races of greater distance, I discontinued my training and now run one marathon annually. This marathon is held in June, and I am approaching 30 consecutive years of participating. If I am successful, it will be a positive outcome; if not, it will be disappointing. For over half of my life, I have been undertaking this annual trek. I am contemplating quitting, but I am also determined to continue. I find it challenging to comprehend human behavior.
It has been over a month since I last updated this site. Humans often have noble intentions, but they rarely achieve their goals. This may be a common occurrence, but it concerns me. Is this a result of embarrassment that I am not making progress? Is it a consequence of being preoccupied? Is it a product of excessive thoughts and a lack of organization? One aspect of me believes that life is indifferent to our endeavors, so why bother writing? Regardless of the reason, any effort is preferable to inaction.
My romantic relationship remains essentially unchanged. Despite our compatibility, she has a different work schedule. I typically leave for work at 7:00 AM, while she departs at 9:00 AM. I return home at 5:30 PM, and she arrives at 7:00 PM. I find it unpleasant to have dinner at 8:00 PM, as she enjoys cooking.
Additionally, she used to enjoy gardening, which I find unnecessary. I am also uncertain about the nature of intimate relationships. She frequently complains of soreness and expresses discomfort, which diminishes the enjoyment we have together. Of the last six instances, she experienced pain on three occasions and laughed upon completion. This behavior is not conducive to a healthy relationship.
Over the past few months, I have adopted a specific diet that excludes dairy, gluten, and processed foods. While I have experienced improvements in my well-being, I have not observed significant weight loss. I have not weighed myself since April 13, when I reached a weight of 289 pounds. The accumulation of excess weight was particularly distressing. I plan to weigh myself next week to assess my progress. The outcome could be positive or negative, but I anticipate a range of possibilities. I have invested considerable effort and dedication into my diet and exercise regimen. Is this endeavor ultimately worthwhile?
No comments:
Post a Comment