Wednesday, November 6, 2024

Election bummer

I stayed up late, until 3:00 AM, watching the election results, hoping the MAGA and Trump movement would disappear. Sadly, that didn’t happen, and I had a tough time sleeping.

Today, I awoke at 6:30 AM and attended a movie screening. By 9:00 AM, I had risen and resolved to engage in some home maintenance for my son. Having resided in his residence for nearly five years, he would benefit from assistance with the exterior maintenance. Furthermore, considering his extensive international travel schedule, which encompasses over 150 days annually, this task presents an opportune opportunity.

My initial project involved sanding and repainting the deteriorated or aged sections of my son’s deck. Upon his arrival, his girlfriend and I had previously stained the deck, but it is now time for a rejuvenation. Additionally, there were specific boards that the builder had designated for replacement, which had never been stained, necessitating my intervention. I proceeded to stain the stairs, high-traffic areas, and the surfaces exposed to direct sunlight. Given the surplus stain, I also sanded and stained the worn tabletop. This endeavor proved to be more extensive than anticipated, yet I completed it within approximately 2.5 hours.

Subsequently, a neighbor lent me their power washer, which I used to clean the garage floor and driveway, both of which had remained untouched since the house was constructed in 2020. Using a 2500 PSI power washer equipped with a concrete circular cleaner, I meticulously addressed the numerous stains in the garage that resulted from bicycle repairs—the process of removing these stains and thoroughly scrubbing the floor consumed over two hours.

Next, I began cleaning the driveway. It was significantly soiled, undergoing a complete transformation from its original color to a stark black and white. However, achieving a satisfactory result required multiple passes. After three hours, I concluded the task, profoundly exhausted. The sense of accomplishment was immense. Regrettably, my fatigue prevented me from riding today. I am hopeful that I will be able to secure a restful night’s sleep this evening.

Carry on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...