
It’s hard to believe that September has already arrived. The first summer retirement has come and gone! This past week, I attended several amateur baseball games, and they were all highly competitive and enjoyable. Tomorrow marks the commencement of the championship game, which promises to be an exhilarating event.
Over the past decade, I have developed a deep appreciation for watching amateur baseball in Minnesota. This year, I will witness the triumph of my two favorite teams in securing state championships. Today, the Miesville Mudhens emerged victorious in the Class B title with an 8-1 victory over Air Freight Unlimited. Tomorrow, the Jordan Brewers face the Waconia Lakers in the Class C championship at the Mini Met, Jordan, Minnesota.
My significant trip is just seven weeks away, and I intend to embark on it in mid-October. Since Shelley has not yet retired, I will be traveling solo. I plan to commence my journey at the southwestern terminus of the Blue Ridge Mountains Parkway and proceed northeast, covering approximately 400 miles. My objective is to synchronize my departure with the optimal time for the peak display of autumn foliage, thereby incorporating some flexibility to capture the most picturesque photographs.
I had intended to commence September with a rigorous workout, but the demands of repairing concrete, painting, and mowing two lawns resulted in severe muscle cramps and general fatigue. Furthermore, Shelley experienced a severe illness, slipped, fell, and required substantial medical attention. Due to the holiday weekend, she will undergo an examination on Tuesday to ascertain whether she has sustained any fractures or torn ligaments. Based on my assessment, it appears to be a severe high ankle sprain. She can move the affected limb, and there is no visible discoloration.
My mother is also exhibiting increasing dependence and appears to be experiencing distress. I empathize with her situation, considering the hardships she has endured, and she appears significantly older than her 81 years. Currently, she is dining at Pizza Ranch with my brother. The accompanying photograph conveys a profound message that words alone cannot fully express.
No comments:
Post a Comment