Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Surgery went fine, kind of

On September 10, 2024, Shelley underwent surgical intervention on her ankle. The procedure entailed the implantation of a plate and nine screws to stabilize her fractured fibula. Despite the surgery proceeding as planned, Shelley experienced difficulty with anesthesia. 

The operation was scheduled for an hour, commencing at 9:30 AM. Unfortunately, I inadvertently configured my mobile device to transmit unknown numbers directly to voicemail, resulting in the omission of the doctor’s call. Upon receiving the doctor’s report, I was informed that the bone was successfully repaired, resembling a meticulously constructed puzzle. Post-surgery assessments confirmed the solid stability of all other ankle components. To date, the prognosis appears favorable.

Approximately 11:00 AM, I visited Shelley’s status. I was informed she remained unconscious. It was around noon when I was summoned to retrieve her, and she was conscious but not fully cognizant.


It was past 1:30 PM before she was able to depart the surgical facility safely. We returned home and permitted her to rest and recuperate. Although ascending the stairs proved challenging, as her upper body lacked sufficient strength to utilize crutches, she was compelled to crawl. Once she settled, she experienced a marked improvement in her condition.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...