Following the Nebraska Cornhuskers’ loss last night, and feeling concerned about Shelley’s well-being, I only managed three hours of sleep. Additionally, we had to rise early for the Alzheimer’s Walk, where Shelley served as a team captain. Consequently, we required our presence by 8:30 a.m. for the 10:00 a.m. walk. I planned to assist Shelley in her wheelchair.
Upon arrival at 8:30 a.m., the weather was inclement, with heavy rainfall. While Shelley is relatively easy to maneuver in a wheelchair with an umbrella, I was drenched as I endeavored to maintain pace. After 15 minutes of exposure to the rain, we sought shelter until the precipitation subsided at 10:00 a.m. This respite was greatly appreciated, as it allowed us to proceed with the walk without further inclement weather.
|
Consequently, I completed my two-mile walk this morning. However, my right foot exhibited significant discomfort and pain. This is a case of tendonitis, and I intend to continue its management. I am hesitant to seek medical attention due to concerns about its potential impact on my planned retirement trip. Should the discomfort persist upon my return, I will schedule a check-up accordingly.
It was mid-afternoon before we approached our residence. We made a brief stop at the farmers' market to procure essential items for dinner. Upon returning home, we dedicated the remainder of the day to engaging in football-related activities and unwinding.


No comments:
Post a Comment