Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Dared to ride

For the second consecutive night, I experienced difficulty falling asleep until 5:00 AM, followed by a deep sleep until 10:00 AM. I am perplexed by this pattern.

It has been nearly two weeks since I last performed laundry, which had become overdue. While running the five loads, I reviewed my mother’s budget and updated her financial records. Subsequently, I engaged in yard work and watering, as the grass had become severely parched. Due to the yard’s irregular shape, approximately half of it necessitates hand-watering, which requires a substantial amount of time.

Following these tasks, I decided to attempt baking pretzel buns and bites. Since my retirement, my proficiency in pretzel preparation has improved, but I am only now commencing the process of baking them from scratch. This batch exceeded my expectations, indicating that I may have finally mastered the recipe.

After work, I embarked on a bicycle ride outdoors. It has been some time since Shelley sustained an ankle fracture, and I was somewhat apprehensive about leaving her home unattended in case of any unforeseen circumstances. I wanted her to be a reliable source of assistance in the event of issues such as a flat tire or mechanical malfunction. The invigorating air was pleasant, but the exertion resulted in an elevated heart rate. While I did not experience any breathing difficulties, my average heart rate was 121 beats per minute (BPM). Typically, my resting heart rate is 55 BPM, as indicated by my Sleep Number bed, and my heart rate variability (HRV) is 153.



Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...