Friday, September 20, 2024

Another day

Despite Shelley’s challenging night, I managed to secure a few hours of restful sleep. Today, I experienced a sense of well-being and embarked on a 12-mile bicycle ride. The invigorating experience of being outdoors and breathing in the fresh air was rejuvenating.

In contrast, Shelley has been preoccupied with her unfinished responsibilities, leaving me to dedicate three hours to tending the garden. This entails watering, removing weeds, and ensuring the overall health of the plants. While the garden requires attention every three to four days, Shelley’s enjoyment of the process has resulted in a flourishing flower garden and a substantial vegetable patch. Although the labor-intensive nature of gardening is undeniable, I must admit that the presence of this green space brings me immense satisfaction.

Last month, I had my Bionx D500 wheel rebuilt.  When I got it back, the torque sensor wasn’t working. Since the bike has been on the road for 15,000 miles, it might be time for it to hang up its tires? It was in the shop for weeks, and I wondered if the sensor had been installed incorrectly. Even though the company went out of business in 2019, I stumbled upon a forum where someone suggested the bike shop might have made a mistake. Today, I spent a few hours trying to fix the sensor, and guess what? I finally succeeded!!! This is my absolute favorite bike, and I was over the moon, but I couldn’t ride because Shelley needed me to be available, and if I had trouble, she wouldn’t be able to help me out.

Happy Birthday to me! It was my birthday yesterday, and only Shelley’s daughter and two old coworkers, Topher and Shelley, remembered. Today, my son called at 6:00 PM to wish me a happy birthday. I really dropped the ball teaching him to remember special events and dates. It’s too late to fix that now.

Shelley and I watched the Nebraska vs. Illinois football game, and it was a tough loss for Cornhusker fans like her. I got a solid six hours of sleep last night, which was much-needed! She should start regaining her independence in a week, and I’ll be able to go back to my retired lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...