I was also planning a trip for a few weeks to Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana for 10 days. I was thrilled to attend the 59th Annual Buffalo Roundup at Custer State Park, but bummer, Shelley fractured her ankle and needs surgery with plates and screws. So, my first fall trip is off the table. Oh well, my mate’s health is more important!
Yesterday, I saw something that made me laugh out loud. A guy pulled into a spot with his hybrid car, got out, and headed into the store. I was waiting for Shelley, who had an appointment, when I heard the engine start—probably from the AC. So, I went to check if there was a dog, but nothing was in sight. When the man came out of the store, he asked me what I was doing. I told him I’d heard the engine start, and he replied, “Darn it.” It turns out he drives a Tesla, and the hybrid was a loaner. Since the Tesla key is his phone, he’s used to parking the Tesla and walking away, knowing it’ll automatically shut off and lock. So he parked, left the keys in the car, and left it running out of habit! I’m just glad it wasn’t stolen!
As I try to keep my political opinions on social media to a minimum, I couldn’t help but share the image below because it perfectly captures my thoughts! Also, Margaret and Helen have a post that, to me, is spot on. Unfortunately, I’m not a fan of them all for the third consecutive presidential election. Just vote with who I dislike less, I guess!

No comments:
Post a Comment