Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Being busy is nice

Wow, the past week was a whirlwind! Besides looking after Shelley and my mom, I had a lovely lunch with two old coworkers on the 25th. We went to Perk-Up Kitchen in Bloomington. I biked there, and I was thrilled to complete the 30-mile ride! It was my second time, and I really loved the food. I had the Chicken Pot Pie and then the BLAT Wrap. The prices are a bit higher, around $15-$18, but the food is totally worth it!


Shelley had her follow-up appointment after surgery, and she’s doing great! She’s walking with crutches and wearing a boot. She’s already done one physical therapy session focused on stairs, and she’s so happy she doesn’t have to crawl up or slide down on her backside anymore. Her mobility is improving super fast!


On the 28th, we took our mom to Applewood Orchard. She seemed to really enjoy the outing. But when I saw her on the 30th, she had no idea we’d been to the orchard. I had ridden the 34-mile round trip to visit her. It was sweltering and windy, making the ride really tough!


Today, since Shelley is feeling better, I was able to take some photos. The birds are migrating, and there might be a great opportunity. Check out the images below!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...