I’ve been in the Smoky Mountains since October 16. I initially planned a two-week trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway, but Hurricane shut it down. The hurricane spared the Tennessee side and a small portion of western North Carolina, so my trip was shorter. I camped at Indian Creek Campground in Cherokee, NC, when my Blue Ridge Parkway Park Service sites were canceled.
The hiking was brutal at times, with my legs screaming in pain through the night. Despite this, I recovered well. I hiked to several waterfalls and the long uphill hike to Clingmans Dome. It was worth it, although I experienced breathing difficulty and leg pain. No regrets! After a few days, I learned that the first 200 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway will be open. I’ll visit my son for a few days before heading out for another week of sightseeing.
I’m not sure how, but I’ve been experiencing intense pain in my right Gluteus Maximus for the past two days. It’s difficult for me to lie on my right side, sit comfortably, and walk without experiencing pain. Fortunately, there’s no other pain in my leg, so I don’t think it’s Sciatica. I’ve been resting for the past two days, and my only strenuous workout was a challenging 26-mile bicycle ride with my son on Tuesday. The pain began on Thursday night. Therefore, I need to know the cause of this pain.
Although the colors could be better, I have had many photo opportunities. (See below)
![]() |
| Lulu - Australian Shepherd |











No comments:
Post a Comment