Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Voted

Shelley has been making significant progress in her recovery and is now primarily independent. While there are still some challenges and the pace of her recovery is slower, she is stable enough for me to embark on my planned vacation. Consequently, I will be departing next week for a duration of 55 days. Therefore, I was compelled to exercise my right to vote early.

Although I was initially surprised, I found the requirement to vote early to be straightforward. I was required to present my driver’s license and the absentee voting application. The worker verified the information provided. Subsequently, when I cast my vote, I was required to affix my driver’s license number to an additional document and present it to the worker. On Election Day, I will state my name and address and sign a form to cast my vote. Despite the GOP’s persistent claims of early voting fraud, based on my personal experience, there is no evidence to suggest that such an issue exists, if at all.

Shelley is unable to complete the fall chores necessary to prepare the home for winter. Consequently, I am undertaking all tasks a few weeks in advance. One of these tasks is rodent (mouse) protection. Over the years, we have encountered difficulties in resolving this issue. We have employed traps, but the mice often remain partially alive and endure suffering. We have also utilized poison, but the mice perish and emit an unpleasant odor as they decompose. I recently discovered a novel solution on the internet that has proven highly effective. I constructed two homemade devices and observed over a dozen mice on the first night. I have positioned them in the garage and back patio. The devices are simple in design, featuring a ramp and a rotating can in the center. I have laced the can with peanut butter and placed a few morsels on the rail; the results have been exceptional. One side of me said drowning is not a great way, but it seems better than poison and traps?

My foot is finally feeling a little better, with only occasional pain. When I return, I will have a physician review the pain, but my diagnosis of tendonitis seems accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...