On Thursday morning, I woke up feeling incredibly tired after a terrible night’s sleep. I skipped my workout and worked through lunch. I’m not eager to exercise, but my energy levels are slightly lower.
On Thursday night, I heard on the radio about a couple who had been having sex daily for a year. They claimed to be healthier, happier, and their relationship stronger. It seemed strange, but I decided to try it. I went to bed at 12:30 AM, but it was freezing and uncomfortable in the basement.
On Friday, I woke up even more exhausted. I worked all day, but I still worked through lunch. This pattern is destructive. I hate leaving work further behind than when I started, but I enjoy having a job in this economy. I went to bed at 9:30 PM, but I still need to get some sleep.
BUT AS I CLOSE TONIGHT, WE ALL NEED TO REMEMBER THAT OTHER PEOPLE MATTER.
We must take care of others to enhance our own lives. Even during challenging times, someone always has orders. We are fortunate, and we must remember that. This reminds me of a story I once heard. It’s an old tale from the 1930s when ice cream sundaes were much cheaper. A 10-year-old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress placed a glass of water in front of him.
“How much is an ice cream sundae?” the little boy asked.
“Fifty cents,” replied the waitress.
The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied the coins he had. “Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?” he inquired.
More people were waiting for a table, and the waitress grew impatient. “Thirty-five cents,” she brusquely replied.
The little boy again counted his coins. “I’ll have the plain ice cream,” he said.
The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table, and walked away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier, and left. When the waitress came back, she began to cry.
As she wiped down the table, two nickels and five pennies were placed neatly beside the empty dish.
You see, he couldn’t have the sundae because he had to have enough money to leave her a tip.
This was a great example of not being selfish!
No comments:
Post a Comment