Monday, January 28, 2013

Feel like Bill Murrey - Groundhog Day

Saturday morning, I woke up at 4:00 AM feeling exhausted. I went to work until 2:00 PM and then rushed home to attend a wedding. I detest attending weddings because there’s no middle ground. They’re either people who are deeply in love or together—not the bride and groom, but the attendees. This particular wedding was a classic case of people transitioning from one extreme to the other throughout the night. I witnessed this firsthand. 


Then, there’s the “life of the party,” but you can tell it’s all a facade. I’m sure he’s an introvert when he goes home—just my observation. As I get older, I’m improving at reading people. It was 11 PM before I got home and went to bed. It may not seem like a big deal to an average person, but getting less than 9 hours of sleep over the past two days is incredibly exhausting.


On Sunday, I woke up feeling refreshed after a good night’s rest. I was up at 7:30 AM and spent some time editing photos. Later in the day, my girlfriend and I attended an Ice Carving competition. It was quite an experience. It wasn’t the temperature that made it interesting, but rather witnessing the art in action. Unfortunately, the weather turned, and it started raining sleet and ice, making the roads treacherous. Fortunately, the drive home wasn’t as bad as it could have been!


I had to deal with some issues with my child on Sunday, which was part of being a dad! I needed to get some sleep, so I took a strong dose of Nyquil and went to bed.


I usually sleep well from about 10:30 PM to 6:00 AM. However, I had a Nyquil hangover. I dragged myself to work, and I was exhausted throughout the day! I left work at 5 PM and came home to try to relax, but my mind kept spinning. I haven’t worked out for three days, which is not good. I need to get back on track. I have no idea what’s going on in my mind! I’m older and lazier!


I’ll make sure to get lunch and an after-work workout tomorrow. I have to do that! I also really need to keep my diet in order. Logging and analyzing my food intake takes time, but it’s worth the effort. That’s easy to say, but I’ve struggled to put good thoughts and actions into practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...