Sunday, December 22, 2024

Off to Arkansas we go

We thought it would be a fantastic idea to drive to Fayetteville, Arkansas, through Lincoln, Nebraska, for our Christmas trip! We’ll be spending four days with three of Shelley’s grandkids and their parents. The detour to Lincoln, Nebraska, was to spend some quality time with her father, who’s in an independent living facility and isn’t doing so well. So, Shelley is really looking forward to visiting Jon. They have this amazing connection that I’ve never seen before.

We left at 7:10 AM but turned back due to Shelley’s concern about wearing a mask when visiting her father, we turned around. By 7:20 AM, we resumed our journey to Lincoln. The drive was smooth, with minimal traffic and pleasant weather. Upon reaching Des Moines, Iowa, there was no snow, and the temperature exceeded 40 degrees.

We arrived at Lincoln at 1:40 PM and went directly to Staybridge Suites to see if we could get an early check-in. Fortunately, we were able to unload the car before heading to Jon's. Unfortunately, we were both hungry, so a quick stop at Casey's for a pizza slice was required. We arrived at Jon's at 2:45 PM, and after a short discussion, Shelley dropped me off at Planet Fitness for a workout, and she and Jon went on a reminiscing drive.

We returned to Jon's at 4:45 PM and opened gifts. Shelley purchased an Aura Carver picture frame so we could all load images he could view at leisure. Once we finished setting up the frame, we headed to the dining room, where we would have dinner with Jon's girlfriend, Helen.  Shelley and I had a house salad, fried chicken, and Peach Pie. The Chicken was mainly fried in breading.  Shelley said she needed to work hard to find any meat!

After dinner, Helen, Jon, and Shelley belted out Christmas Carols! We left Helen in the assisted living wing and grabbed some ice cream before heading home. Shelley and I made our way back to the cozy spot by 9:00 PM and chilled out before calling it a night!
relaxed before calling it a night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...