Tuesday, December 24, 2024

Christmas Eve

I jolted awake at 5:30 a.m., and bam! A rainstorm was already in full swing. I tiptoed out to Planet Fitness to get my workout in before the storm really hit. When I got back around 8:45, Taylor was off to a local farm to grab some raw milk and bagels. And guess what? The farmer’s 14-year-old son was whipping up bagels using raw farm milk and selling them right there with the milk! 

The farm was quite a sight, with its rustic charm and a bit of wear and tear, but it somehow made my family’s farm feel a bit more put-together. The farm person we met was a rugged middle-aged man who handled the sale. Taylor wished her a Merry Christmas, and she replied, “Farmers don’t celebrate Christmas; there’s just too much work to do.” It was a bit sad, but I completely understood.

Once we returned, we had breakfast and spent quality time with the children until it was time for them to nap at 2:00 p.m. We then took the time to prepare for the evening meal and get ready for Santa. Taylor smoked a brisket in his barrel smoker while Leslie made Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo. The rain was constant, so outdoor activities were limited. However, we did get a chance to test the drone.

Once the kids arose, we decorated a gingerbread house, had dinner, and prepared the living room for Santa. It was so cute to see how charming Leighton was about Santa! 

TAYLOR'S  EFFORT

LEIGHTON'S EFFORT

SAWYER'S EFFORT

LONDELL'S EFFORT

SHELLEY'S EFFORT

DEACON'S EFFORT

LESLIE'S EFFORT

I was really wired and unable to sleep at all. It was after midnight before I felt I could sleep. Tomorrow might be a long day!


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...