Monday, December 23, 2024

Arkansas arrival

We were awake at 4:00 a.m., and both had trouble sleeping. We started packing at 6:00 a.m., intending to get to Jon’s by 7:45 a.m. for breakfast. We decided to eat the complimentary breakfast at Staybridge Suites, which offered a nice array of food.

We were all packed and leaving by 7:35 a.m. When we got to Jon’s, his home health aide was still helping him. His aide has a daughter who received the Jon Peterson scholarship. Small world. It was about 8:30 a.m. when we arrived in the dining room. We had a good conversation, and just as we were about to finish eating, a new resident (Judy, who lives in unit 113) asked if she could join us. She had lived there for three days after her husband died two months earlier. After 15 minutes, Shelley and I needed to head out. We walked Jon back to his room and were on the road by 9:15 a.m.


The drive was without any issues. Traffic was light, and there were only a few raindrops on the windshield in Missouri. When we arrived, we stopped at Tim’s Pizza in Fayetteville to get dinner for the group. The GPS sent us through small residential streets for the last two miles. The street network appears convoluted and not easy to comprehend—it must be a nightmare for firefighters or police officers.


We arrived at Leslie’s at about 5:00 p.m. The boys were so glad to see Grammy as they ran into the street and climbed onto her lap. I was happy I was driving so they could greet Grammy! We unpacked, ate dinner, and had an active play session. Deacon gave me a house tour. It has been a long time since I played Tickle Monster with kids. It tired me out!


It was a tiring day, and we both hoped for a solid sleep!


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...