
Today, I awoke to pleasant weather and faced a decision between embarking on a road trip or participating in a club workout. I opted for cycling, utilizing my Diamond Current bike equipped with a Bosch Performance Line Motor. The Bosch system’s notable feature is its automatic detection of when I engage the motor and when I pedal independently. It offers four assist levels: Eco (green), Tour (blue), Sport, and Turbo.
Having shed some weight and experienced increased strength, I resolved to minimize reliance on the motor during my ride. I completed a 37-mile journey with a total elevation gain of 1,640 feet in 2 hours and 47 minutes, including brief pauses, resulting in a total time of 3 hours and 4 minutes. According to Stava, my average power output exceeded 200 watts. My average heart rate exceeded 120, with a peak of 150 BPM. I felt exceptionally fatigued, more so than I have in recent years, after a workout.
It was gratifying that the motor was deactivated for 86 percent of the ride. I utilized it solely on the inclines, and even then, I endeavored to maintain Eco mode (level 1). This proved to be a formidable challenge.
Throughout the remainder of the day, I dedicated myself to cleaning, organizing my medical records, and attending to other tasks that had been pending on my to-do list for an extended period. As I have transitioned into retirement, I now possess the opportunity to address these long-overdue responsibilities.

No comments:
Post a Comment