The day commenced with a flurry of activity that I had endeavored to avoid at the outset of the week. My girlfriend’s grandchild had been hospitalized earlier this week, and I was uncertain whether I would be able to make the trip. Consequently, I did minimal preparation or packing, as I anticipated the need to remain with her in the event of an unforeseen circumstance. Fortunately, the situation improved, and I promptly prepared for the journey.
Furthermore, last evening, the work computer system experienced a malfunction, necessitating that I complete certain tasks before my departure. I hastily packed last night, worked for approximately an hour this morning, and rushed to the airport just before lunch. To my astonishment, I discovered three individuals in the security line and six Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers at Terminal 2, Minneapolis. I had over ninety minutes to compose myself.
The flight to Denver proceeded without incident. The Southwest flight arrived punctually at 2:30 PM, and I retrieved my luggage promptly. Jordan’s flight from Santiago was scheduled to arrive 25 minutes after my flight. Fortunately, it also came on time! As he did not have checked luggage, I proceeded to the car. I arrived at Jordan’s car approximately five minutes before his arrival.
Jordan requested that I examine the traffic conditions, but I required my reading glasses to interpret the information accurately. We decided to take I-70 instead of I-76, only to encounter significant traffic congestion. This situation caused Jordan to become increasingly agitated, reminiscent of my own experiences. He reviewed the traffic map and pointed out my error. His frustration and impatience with my age-related limitations escalated. Consequently, I have been preoccupied with ensuring that this trip is an error-free experience. I had a promising start, as Jordan appeared tense and stressed (Sarcasm intended). He evidently needed a bicycle ride!
Upon our arrival at his condominium, he had some work to complete. The weather was favorable, and he covered approximately 30 miles before sunset. At approximately 5:00 PM, Jordan was preparing to embark on a bicycle ride up Lookout Mountain, with the intention of heading towards Idaho Springs, Colorado.
I promptly stopped at Peak Cycles Bike Shop in Golden Shop to procure new tires, tubes, new clips for Jordan’s shoes, brakes, and other necessary supplies. The process was swift and efficient.
The photograph below captures the view from his condominium patio, showcasing the start of the ride, where the road begins to ascend the mountain. I attempted to climb Lookout Mountain twice. On my first attempt, I only managed to reach two-thirds of the way to the summit. However, I succeeded on my second attempt. This climb is one that I do not intend to attempt again. Nevertheless, Jordan finds it rather effortless.
The photograph below depicts the entrance to the Lookout Mountain cable car ride, where the road ascends the mountain. I attempted to climb Lookout Mountain twice. On my first attempt, I only reached two-thirds of the way up before encountering difficulties. However, I was successful on my second attempt. This climb is one I do not intend to attempt a third time. In contrast, Jordan appears to navigate the ascent effortlessly.
|
| ||||
|
|
The accompanying Garmin ride information for the day is provided below. The ride commences at 6:05 PM.
- Miles - 31.63 / 31.63
- Elevation - 5,306 feet / 5,306 feet
- Riding Time (H:M:S) - 2:18:55 / 2:18:55
We loaded the bicycle at Dumont and returned to Golden at 8:15 PM. Both of us were hungry, so we went to Woody’s in Golden to eat. This was a favorite dining spot for Jordan during his years at Mines.
Afterward, Jordan went out with friends, and I cleaned the bicycle (it was quite dirty), replaced the rear tire, scrubbed the rims, changed the rear brakes, and prepared essential items for tomorrow’s ride. It was after midnight before I finally called it a day. I am uncertain when Jordan returned home. I prayed that the weather would hold.







No comments:
Post a Comment