Sunday, December 8, 2013

Twas just weeks before Christmas

 A few years ago, I blogged more frequently, and people read my posts. I shared my ideal Christmas list, and someone read it because I had an interesting gift in mind for Santa on Christmas morning. The biggest surprise was that Santa actually read my blog; I must have been a good person! I never found out who it was, so I concluded that Santa must be real. What other logical conclusion could I draw?


So, this year, I’ll try again to see if anyone reads my posts. I know people read them, so let me rephrase it. I’ll see if anyone traditionally gives me the gift of reading my blog. Maybe Santa will reread it, and I’m not sure if I’ve been good this year.


Before I start my wish list, I wanted to share a few of my favorite Santa quotes. Some of you may have heard them before, but they’re always worth repeating. They’re just good reminders.


  • "The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." (George Carlin)
  • "Santa Claus has the right idea - visit people only once a year." (Victor Borge)
  • "Santa was happily married, but his wife wasn't." (Victor Borge)
  • "One of the problems we have in this country is that too many adults believe in Santa "Claus, and too many children don't." (Lee Lauer)
  • " I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included." (Bernard Manning)
  • "You know you're getting old when Santa starts looking younger." (Robert Paul)
  • Anyway, on to my list:
  • Be pain-free!  For most of this year, I have had brutal headaches, and they progressively get worse.
  • Be infection-free.  In October, I found I had the infection, which in 2010 resulted in major surgery.  I recently finished my Levaquin, Pro-Air, Q-Var, Fluticasone, and Prednisone routine.
  • The ability to relax and wind down for a few days

This matter holds little significance if we spend at least one day together without any arguments. That would be the most wonderful Christmas gift of all. Peace and happiness are the things we cherish the most.


All you quiet dreamers, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...