I never gave that quote much thought. When you think about it, it perfectly encapsulates the disparity between economic classes in the United States. Essentially, it suggests that the top-level individuals are constantly defecating, and this waste falls on the lower-level individuals. When they look down at the lower-level individuals, they see waste. Conversely, when lower-level individuals look up, they can’t help but see the individuals responsible for the waste. For a long time now, I’ve felt like a lower-level individual. When it comes to my son, he will reach out to me when he wants something. I make an effort to call him frequently, and he usually responds. Sometimes, I feel like I’ve failed miserably.
In my relationship, my girlfriend is much like a friend. We live together, but we could always end up apart, and I don’t think we would notice the difference. It all just seems a bit strange.
The new diet begins on the 12th day. I feel much better; I no longer crave sugar or other types of sweets that I usually indulge in. I’m not weighing myself at all, as I’ll wait until the day before my follow-up nutritionist appointment on May 18th. I’m preparing for a 10-day vacation, which is actually a break from my job that I've taken since 2000. Of course, when I’m gone, I’ll have my laptop and phone, and I’m sure I’ll put in at least 20 hours’ worth of work during my time off.
I’ve been chewing a lot of chewable vitamin C every night. I’m still figuring out if it’s making me feel better or if it’s just a temporary fix, but it has some benefits. I’ve also been taking fish oil, vitamin D, magnesium, Bifidobacteria, and L-glutamine, and those have made a difference too. I don’t feel as fatigued as I did before I started taking these supplements. The fact that I’m getting better is even more encouraging because I know that removing preservatives from my diet and excluding all cheese and dairy have made a significant difference. I’m confident that once I lose weight, a lot of my health issues will improve. Even though I’m aware of this, I feel like I’m being a fool and not putting in the effort I need to lose weight. Oh well, here I am, stuck in real life forever!
Work has become less stressful, but I’m still really upset about the people I work with. I’m an older person who believes it’s appropriate to show up a few minutes early and leave a few minutes late. However, several people at my office think the 8:00 AM start time means 8:15 or 8:20. They often get ready to turn off their computers at 4:15 and head out the door. They also take 90-minute lunches just because the boss isn’t looking. It hurts morale, but I’m not sure what I can do about it. It just makes me so frustrated that I could scream!
We had another snowstorm yesterday! I am getting sick of the snow. When will it end!
No comments:
Post a Comment