On Saturday, April 13, I engaged in a three-hour consultation with a nutritionist. I could have extended the session to double the duration, as there is a substantial amount of knowledge I still need to acquire. During our discussion, we thoroughly reviewed my medical history, encompassing all the medications I have taken over the past decade. The nutritionist concluded that I likely suffer from a severe intestinal disorder, which is attributed to the excessive use of antibiotics, prednisone, and other medications between 2007 and 2011. Additionally, the condition was exacerbated by my ongoing steroid treatment for asthma and a sinus issue.
As a result of our conversation, I have been prescribed nutritional supplements designed to restore a healthy balance of intestinal bacteria. The dietary regimen is flexible, but I will consume a sufficient quantity of food in appropriate proportions. The diet eliminates all sugars and gluten, specifically processed sugars, not natural sugars found in fruits.
I have now been adhering to the diet for two days, and I have not experienced significant improvements. I prefer to describe it as a controlled eating approach rather than a strict diet. I consume the diet approximately every three hours throughout the day. Furthermore, I supplement my meals with vitamins and minerals to maintain a healthy intestinal balance.
Tomorrow, I will engage in an effective workout and maintain a balanced diet. While I acknowledge some progress, it is primarily attributed to the psychological impact of the nutritionist’s guidance and the newfound energy I have experienced.
The nutritionist’s teachings have been invaluable, particularly in the preparation of protein bars and other nutritious foods. The versatility of natural ingredients is genuinely remarkable, yet often overlooked.
If I can shed some weight, my outlook appears promising. We will approach this journey incrementally, observing the outcomes.
I am experiencing a sense of anticipation as I embark on my first vacation in a considerable amount of time, which is approximately three weeks away. I will be absent from the office for seven workdays, encompassing two weekends, which is the longest period I have been away since I can recall. My last similar trip was in 1999 when I visited Hawaii. However, upon my return, the office environment deteriorated, and I no longer felt comfortable taking such extended time off.
Today’s workday was only eight and a half hours long, which left me feeling underproductive and somewhat constrained. Despite this, I managed to sleep slightly better than usual last night. My alarm malfunctioned, so I slept until 7:00 AM. I arrived at work at 7:58 AM, narrowly avoiding being late. This is a significant letdown for someone who typically arrives at the office before 7:00 AM (first in) and departs after 6:00 PM (last out). It is disheartening to be proud of such a situation, and I must take steps to improve my lifestyle.
No comments:
Post a Comment