Wednesday, July 9, 2025

Day 4 - Boat

I woke up at 4:30 a.m. and couldn’t fall back asleep. I read in the cabin’s living room until 6 a.m. when Leslie woke up. Around 6:30 a.m., I heard Shelley waking up, but didn’t enter the kitchen until 7 a.m. She prepared breakfast while I returned to the bedroom and slept for another 45 minutes.

Oh no, I was jolted awake when Shelley let out a shout of disappointment about burning the bacon! It was a real sight—it was so black! She was fuming, tossing sausages into the frying pan. Maybe we could have used sausages instead of bacon with the pancakes?

I tried helping her make pancakes, but she was upset about the size of them. I suggested cutting them smaller, which only made her angrier. I told her she could make them herself and stopped helping. No matter what I did, she insisted I was doing it wrong. Her complaints were similar to her mother’s about her dad, and she disliked that behavior.

Ignoring her disappointment, I finished making all the pancakes. During breakfast, she cried, saying she couldn’t do things like she used to and was upset about the bacon.

After breakfast, we gathered everyone except Allison and Jack to go fishing. The trip went smoothly, and we didn't plan to keep any of the fish we caught. Taylor caught the biggest fish, and the group saw at least 12 fish in total. The lucky fishing rod was the kid-sized one I bought this morning, so there were three possible rod and reel setups for fishing.




While fishing, I received a call from my hematologist to schedule an appointment, based on a referral from my primary doctor. However, when I returned the call, they informed me that the earliest appointment was November 20, which is over four months away. This news was quite frustrating. Since it’s the earliest available appointment, I’ll wait. My health has declined significantly due to anemia. We’re currently exploring infusion treatments, but we need to wait for insurance approval before proceeding.


Around 12:30 p.m., after the children had finished swimming quickly, we returned to the cabin for lunch. Allison had already begun preparing macaroni and cheese, while I promptly made grilled cheese, ham, and cheese sandwiches. We also collected various leftovers, including pizza, a hamburger from the previous night, and some leftover salads. I sliced the watermelon, which the kids thoroughly enjoyed, and they consumed approximately a third of the second watermelon during this trip.


After lunch, Shelley and I hung out with Leighton, Jack, and Maeve, who were all catching some Z’s. The rest of the crew headed out on the boat for some tubing fun. The weather was just amazing, but I’d been soaking up too much sun and decided to stay put.

After a restful afternoon, we headed to Zorbas for dinner. Unlike many restaurants I knew as a teen that have since closed, Zorbas is still open. We enjoyed a bacon cheeseburger pizza, which was excellent—spending over $50 on an appetizer and a pizza for two highlights their profitability.

After Zorbas, we headed to the Chocolate Ox for the $3 ice cream night. It was the third consecutive night, and I wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but I still enjoyed it. We're all exhausted and returned to the cabin by 9:30 p.m. All the adults except me went out to the fire. I iced my ankle, got ready, and hoped to sleep well.

Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...