Tuesday, July 8, 2025

Day 3 - tensions rise

I couldn't sleep until 12:45 a.m. and woke up at 5:00 a.m.—this is likely to be a long day! I spent some time updating the blogs, including the field review of Fort Ripley Park.

By 7:45 a.m., everyone was awake and began preparing breakfast, which included sausage, eggs, muffins, and fruit. We finished eating at 9:15 a.m. and then started planning the day. Leslie and Allison left at 8:00 a.m. and secured a reservation for a banana boat ride at noon.

While everyone headed to the beach, I quickly ran an errand to buy paper towels, yogurt, a toothbrush, gallon-sized bags, and ice. After returning to the cabin and putting everything away, I joined them at the beach. I spent about 20 minutes pushing Leighton on the swing. Soon after, as the group was finishing up their day, I managed to take a few photos.



After returning to the cabin, everyone was exhausted and needed rest. Allison was upset with Shelley for criticizing the amount of alcohol in the fridge. Tensions among the group are increasing. I’m starting to think that having everyone together might become overwhelming. Additionally, since the boat only accommodates 12 people and I am the 13th, staying behind could help avoid potential problems, particularly since this trip has felt more like work than a vacation for me.

Taylor made his smash burger and the accompanying smash burger sauce for dinner. These are always a hit! We also served pasta salad and various side dishes, and everyone left feeling very satisfied.

At 7:15 PM, the Guillorys went to Chocolate Ox to meet their old friend Bianca and her family! I took Shelley to the North pool, and then I headed over to meet Leslie. They all, including Bianca’s family, decided to head over to North Waterpark, and it was a blast for everyone! Leslie was so happy to catch up with Bianca, and Bianca and her family had a blast riding the big waterslide.

When we returned to the cabin, we were all exhausted. However, Vera, Faye, and Maeve were still craving s’mores because they hadn’t had any chocolate that evening. Leslie, Allison, Eric, and I continued to enjoy the fire until around 10:30 PM, when we all agreed it was time to head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...