Wednesday, March 5, 2025

Huge Snowstorm

I am still battling significant congestion, coughing, and difficulty breathing.  I use my inhalers much more than usual, but not above the prescription.  Sleeping is difficult.  Tonight, I took two prescription sleeping pills in hopes of a solid night's sleep!

Last night, we had snow, which I had not experienced in quite a few years.  This was not fluffy snow, but it was very wet and heavy as it was over 25 degrees.  The Ego snowblower struggled, and it took 5 total discharges and charges to clear the snow.  In several locations, it was 2 feet deep and VERY HEAVY!

The roof also had significant snow, melting faster with the 38-degree midday temperatures. I needed to rake the roof to minimize potential damage to ice dams. By the end of the snow clearing, I was exhausted.  Therefore, no indoor bicycle ride for me.  

With the forecast of 50 degrees for three days starting Sunday, this should start to melt quickly.  I have been editing the songs written in the past.  

There is one I called Deceiving, and I am pleased with the edits.  Back in 2004, I wrote the basis for the song was:

I always have the best shield to hide my pain, worry, and concern.  I was always telling jokes to hide the internal pain.  The smiles make my eyes show less shame and fear.  Deep inside, I know I am fake, and life is not real!  It's what people want to see.  Living two lives - one public and one private!

The lyrics are:

Under the bright lights of my old hometown

My laughter echos, never a frown

But deep inside, there's a stormy gale

A weary heart, a soul grown pale


Friends gather 'round, I show a happy grin

But they don't know the pain within

A mask I wear, a charade so grand

With every joke I tell, I sink into quicksand


[Chorus]

If I look so happy, why do I feel so sad

Living two lives, one good, one bad

The mirror shows a joyful face

But in my heart, only an empty space


Morning comes with the sun's first ray

Still fighting tears from yesterday

I put on my boots, face another mile

But it's getting harder to keep this smile


The jokes and laughter are my shields

A field of silence where pain is concealed

Hoping someday, light will break through

And may this sorrow bid me adieu


[Chorus]

If I look so happy, why do I feel so sad

Living two lives, one good, one bad

The mirror shows a joyful face

But in my heart, only an empty space


The jokes and laughter are my shields

A field of silence where pain is concealed

Hoping someday, light will break through

And may this sorrow bid me adieu


[Chorus]

If I look so happy, why do I feel so sad

Living two lives, one good, one bad

The mirror shows a joyful face

But in my heart, only an empty space

Carry on my friends, Carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...