Apart from health concerns, I have been experiencing significant frustration with an issue related to my new bicycle. Upon initial purchase, I encountered a rough railroad crossing and inadvertently bent the rear wheel slightly. Consequently, I had the wheel professionally rebuilt. However, since then, I have discovered a recurring problem with the rear spoke, breaking it approximately every 50 miles. To date, I have experienced the breakage of seven spokes. The individual responsible for rebuilding the wheel tightened the spokes as they consistently failed at the nub. I must cease attempting to repair the wheel and seek assistance from a professional bicycle wheel builder. When I initially inquired about this issue from the retailer where I purchased the bicycle, they assured me that they could perform the repair, although they do not undertake this task frequently. Is this my initial mistake?
Despite the challenges, I have managed to complete a few rides to work, which has been beneficial. However, I am experiencing some fatigue and leg soreness. Additionally, walking has become difficult due to swelling in my ankles. My condition improves on days when I ride the bicycle, while the pain intensifies when I refrain from riding.
Regarding my health status, the cancer testing results are negative, indicating that the bleeding they are investigating may be elsewhere. The upper gastrointestinal (GI) exam revealed a bleeding hernia, but not to a level that would cause anemia. I have not yet received the results of the capsule endoscopy, which has been 12 days since the procedure. Surprisingly, I have not heard anything yet. Additionally, I did not observe the camera pass through the GI tract, which I am uncertain is a significant concern.
My International Normalized Ratio (INR) decreased from 2.6 to 1.7 over a week. We adjusted the dosage, and the follow-up two weeks later was 2.3 on Friday. This indicates that the medication is gradually stabilizing my condition. I understand that I experienced severe bruising, so I am curious if this is a positive sign.
My hemoglobin level is 10.1, which is a slight decrease. The doctor recommended an infusion of Inflectra, as they believe that the iron capsules are damaging to the stomach. I have experienced intense stomach pain.
I plan to retrieve my bicycle tomorrow and go cycling this weekend. The weather is expected to be favorable for the NDSU Bison football game and the State Amateur Baseball event on Saturday. I plan to work 10-15 hours, as this illness has affected my work, and we need to catch up. I’m concerned about the health implications of this job.
Either way, I am alive, but I need clarification about the issue I am fighting. The problems are:
No comments:
Post a Comment