Not really for me, but for my girlfriend, her daughter (and husband), and her granddaughter. Actually, maybe even for me! When Shelley and I first met, I was number 8 on her priority list. Over time, I climbed up to a number 4 priority. After today, I’ll be number ten, which is totally understandable. Today, this adorable little family of three (below) is growing to four!
This little 2.5-year-old girl (below) is going to have a new baby sister. She’ll no longer be the only one getting all the attention and ice cream. She’ll have to learn the hard way what sharing means for little ones. I hope she can adjust. I hope Shelley can keep up, as she loves being Grammy so much and can’t get enough time with her grandchildren!
Unlike when the little girl above was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, my girlfriend had to book costly flights to travel 1,000 miles away for her birth. But now, they live close by. So, for three days, we’ll be watching this bundle of energy and happiness while mom gets some rest and dad gets ready for the significant change.
I’m planning to practice my camera skills later today and try to snap this family of four on a special day. We’ll take lots of pictures every day and hope for the best. Having a child is challenging, and raising one is even more so. Adding another child to the mix brings joy and stress. I’m just praying for the best because they’re a wonderful couple, and the older sister is truly special.


No comments:
Post a Comment