Sunday, January 4, 2015

Welcome 2015

Regular exercise is essential for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, achieving effective weight loss, reducing stress, and enhancing productivity. Experts recommend 60 minutes daily for optimal health. However, excessive exercise can lead to serious health issues, even death.


I find it challenging to find 20 minutes daily for workouts. It’s surprising that I once prioritized exercise above all else, often pushing myself to burn every calorie. Is this a factor in my heart problems?


I often wonder if my periods of compulsive exercise are necessary for weight management. Despite running a 4-hour marathon at 230 pounds, a doctor labeled me obese at 35-40 pounds overweight. This was a blow to my self-esteem, as I felt tremendous despite my hard work.


I never engaged in exercise bulimia or excessive eating, but I recall giving up based on the doctor’s words. Now, at 70 pounds heavier, I’m not happy.


I’m trying to regain control. I recently bought an IHealth scale and plan to reach 230, content with being obese. I hope I succeed because I feel better, die with less stress, and enjoy life. This time, I won’t let my rude doctor lower my self-esteem by calling me obese.


In addition to addressing my work-life balance, I must also manage my health and well-being. In 2012, I consistently worked over 70 hours per week. However, I reduced this to 63 hours in 2013 and further decreased it to an average of 59.3 hours in 2014. It is important to note that these figures represent my actual work hours divided by 52 weeks. They include my two weeks of vacation for the bike ride, my trip to Vermont, and the time off for my son’s surgery. While my actual work hours may exceed 63 hours per week, I am actively working to limit myself to 10 hours per day and reduce the number of weekends I work. This approach is intended to address the misconception that overtime pay is advantageous, as my hourly rate is comparable to that of an administrative assistant.


To address both issues, I must prioritize my health and well-being, as I am currently experiencing ticker issues. I am committed to avoiding surgery, which will undoubtedly present challenges.


In the meantime, I continue to refine my photography skills. Here are some samples of my work:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...