If there is interest, here is the Garmin track of our last day - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/508736959
Despite my inclination to sleep late and recuperate, I continue to rise early. This early start allows me to compose a fresh-ended post documenting my journey on this blog. My primary objective is to express my gratitude to all the readers who have consistently sent positive messages.
Yesterday, we awoke with no intention of completing the ride today. The cumulative distance of over 130 miles proved to be an excessive challenge for our fatigued bodies. We emerged from our slumber at 7:00 AM, only to find the weather conditions unfavorable. The rain appeared to be intermittent throughout the day. At this juncture, the impact of wind and weather on our mental well-being diminished.
NOW THIS IS FUNNY! Late in the ride, I had informed Jordan that this was a slice of heaven (the pleasant trail outside Faribault) and to keep our fingers crossed. However, we attempted to cross our fingers, but our fingers were so painful and fatigued that we were unable to do so.
Today is a pleasant yet bittersweet day for me. This time was precious, and it will be a parent-child adventure that most will not have in a lifetime or take the time to experience. I am immensely proud of my son and all he has accomplished. Despite our complaints and disagreements throughout the trip, I would not trade it for anything. We should consider returning to Colorado, as we have the time.
All you quiet dreamers, carry on!
Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.
- cnelaneMay 28, 2014 at 6:41 AM. Impressive!
- UnknownMay 30, 2014 at 7:15 AM. Crazy to think you would try the trip in reverse!!@#:>?@@! Happy for you both and a bonding time that you will both cherish for the rest of your lives! Kudos to you both!
