Monday, June 15, 2009

Quiet on purpose

This weekend, I attended the Nature Valley Grand Prix bike race. I watched the men’s race in Uptown on Friday and the women’s race in Stillwater on Sunday. I took pictures. The female Armstrong dominated the competition. She’s an inspiration, especially given her history.


It’s been a while since my last post. I’ve been stressed about Grandma’s. It may seem trivial, but it’s the end of a 25-year goal. My knee is still painful, even after the HGH injection. Two weeks of easy training (10-12 miles per week) and care have improved my PF, but the knee has shown some improvement. I’ll casually bike and work in the pool this week.


I had an MRI on my knee and decided to wait until after Grandma’s to get the results. As a worrywart, I’ll try to relax and hope I can still run the race. I plan to leave at 6:00 PM on Friday, sleep in the car, run the race, and then head home. I’ll go easy, aiming for a 12-minute mile pace, and then do what I need to finish.


For those joining me, I wish you well. It looks like rain, which I don’t mind. But then again, the race is five days away, and if weathermen were carmakers, we wouldn’t even get out of town, let alone make it to the race.


Carry on my friends!


Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.


Wayne
25 years in a row is amazing, Londell! Try to enjoy it!! :) [are you sure you don't want to go for 30 years?] I think you'll get it done with no real problems... shoot, it'll be way easier than your 24 miles at Sawtooth last Sept. I'll see you out there...
-Wayne - 
Monday, June 15, 2009 at 8:22:23 AM CDT
Kel
Hang in there Londell - power walk it if you have to. I have a feeling you'll get it done :). Monday, June 15, 2009 at 10:15:22 AM CDT
SteveQ
You're in a lot better shape than most of the people who'll finish up there. Hang in there; you'll be fine.  Monday, June 15, 2009 at 10:26:51 AM CDT
Helen
Hope the knee holds up Londell. You can definitely do it. 25 years is an awesome streak. Hope to see you up there.  Monday, June 15, 2009 at 12:52:59 PM CDT
Mike W.
You will do it, make sure you take in the sights, take a camera and capture the moments. Enjoy it. You never know, Wayne may have it right, you just might want to add in 5 more :-)

Best of luck.   
Monday, June 15, 2009 at 10:06:09 PM CDT
Anonymous
My family was at Stillwater on Sunday for Women's and Men's race - it was awesome! Have fun at Grandmas!

Molly. 
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 4:20:13 PM CDT
Beth
I'm sending all of my positive vibes your way for Grandma's. 25 years is amazing and you'll get it done. I hope your knee behaves itself and enjoy your awsome achievement!  Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 10:21:30 PM CDT

Karen G
Good luck at Grandma's. Things will get better.   Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 5:39:45 PM CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...