I was looking for motivation for my upcoming Grandma's venture. What do I need to get me through this challenging 25th year? I found it (or at least one should work great!) A fellow runner wrote in his blog about a recent marathon where he wanted to quit several times. Then he (Mike) wrote:
"Then two things popped into my head - they have a 7-hour time limit, and what would Steve do? The bottom line is I knew I had enough time to walk it in, and I knew what Steve would do; he would finish."I have seen Steve running like he had cerebral palsy from massive fatigue and still finished. He usually goes out way too fast on longer races and crashes into a brick wall, but he keeps running into the wall until it falls over, out of the way, and finishes! He finishes with broken bones, bloody messes, and many other "mishaps." If I have trouble, the first thing I will think is W.W.S.D.--- FINISH.
Thanks, Mike! Thanks, Steve!
Carry on my friends!
Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.
Wayne
That's the spirit, Londell!! :). I'll be up there spectating and watching for you to finish. Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 9:31:26 PM CDT
SteveQ
I... for once... have nothing to say! Best of luck at G'ma's. Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 10:09:05 AM CDT
Mike W.
Best of luck, Londell; enjoy the day. Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 6:05:19 PM CDT
Beth
Well, Steve is a fantastic role model, but let's try to finish without the broken bones, okay? I'm sending all my good vibes your way. I know you'll do great! Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 10:27:28 PM CDT
No comments:
Post a Comment