For Grandma’s, I opted to wear my 305 on my right wrist and my 405 on my left. I commenced each watch just as I crossed the starting line. While I refrained from recording mile splits, I did manage to record a split at the halfway point. The 305 recorded a 13.1-mile time of 2:46:18, while the 405 achieved a 13.1-mile split of 2:44:56 (a mere two seconds less than the reported actual race time). Notably, both watches indicated my finishing time within two seconds, matching the start time.
The 305: The 405 .
Distance 26.37 miles Distance 26.22 miles
Started at 7:35:21 AM Started at 7:35:19 AM
Half Marathon 2:46:18 Half Marathon 2:44:56
Finish time was 6:04:40 Finish time was 6:04:42
Total ascent of 3,056 feet Total ascent of 3,285 feet
Total descent of 3,162 feet Total descent of 3,395 feet
Heart rate readings were the same
Consequently, the course on the right side is longer and features more hills than the left side. Is the 405 more accurate than the older 305? Is the reception on the left superior to that on the right?
Nevertheless, I will assume that this is a scientific phenomenon, and scientific knowledge is inherently imperfect, regardless of our efforts or expectations for perfection.
Carry on my friends, carry on!
Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment