I reside in a secure building with mostly elderly residents, and Halloween is a non-event for us. I only know one person with children. I recall our midnight Halloween runs with friends, where I served as the designated driver due to my non-alcohol consumption. Many runners were intoxicated in their costumes, sometimes wearing birthday suits.
The 1980s were a different world. After marriage, children, divorce, and the departure of my children, I became distant from my friends. Recently, I attempted to contact them. Eddie passed away from prostate cancer, Kevin died under mysterious circumstances, and John succumbed to his war wounds. Scott, my best man, vanished without a trace. Gordy was mentioned in a Google search, but I couldn’t find him. This reflects life’s unpredictable nature, with both joyful and sorrowful endings and new beginnings.
Lately, I’ve struggled with overtraining, causing fatigue, knee and hip pain, and exhaustion, even after sleeping long hours. Stress at work may be a contributing factor. I’m starting a new plan to regain my fitness and lose the 46 pounds I’ve gained since my 2005-2006 Superior 25K run. I don’t want to regain my pre-race weight, but it’s challenging. Many friends are running Surf the Murph tomorrow, but I’m out due to soreness. It’s also the year-end celebration for the Ultra group.
Tomorrow’s the day! I’m going to celebrate and then get serious about my fitness goals. I’m aiming to lose 56 pounds (that’s about 1.3 pounds a week) before the Superior 100 next year. I’m still deciding if I’ll race in between. But I’ve got my computer ready for all the nutritional analysis and other stuff, and I’ll be using the same workout patterns I did back in 2006 when I lost a whopping 84 pounds. This time, I don’t have Dana with me, but I’ve got all the knowledge I need to crush it!
No comments:
Post a Comment