"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy … It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed."
~Jacqueline Gareau, Boston Marathon (Champion in 1980)The blogosphere has experienced a temporary slowdown. This could be attributed to the inclement weather or the general recovery of individuals after an arduous summer. Priorities have shifted to matters such as employment, family, and personal well-being. I have secured RSVPs for the UMTR Awards Fest, which promises to be an enjoyable event.
I find myself unable to shake off the memory of a particular post that deeply concerns me. It pertains to a fellow runner who is currently facing a challenging period. Despite her good health, her family has been plagued by a history of premature deaths. Karen consistently greets me with a smile whenever we meet for a run or participate in a race. This encounter often prompts me to question the reasons behind such hardships. Whenever I encounter this situation, I am reminded of the untimely passing of my three-year-old nephew, which occurred unexpectedly.
At the funeral, the Pastor said something memorable. He said, “Aaron has left us, and this is a sad time for many. Our perception of life’s length contributes to our sadness.” He explained that God has a plan for each of us. For Aaron, God planned a life of three years. He reminded us that Aaron lived each minute fully. He emphasized that the pain should be there, but not to add to it. Aaron lived his life to the fullest, and the Pastor asked us to do the same.
Life is a precious gift, and I make sure to cherish every moment with my loved ones. However, I sometimes forget to be fully present and engaged. I pray for everyone who is going through tough times, especially Karen. I’m doing great, but I need to remind myself more often to take care of myself.
Dana once gave me a bumper sticker that said, “The best things in life… are not things.” It showed a happy family surrounded by friends and pets. Whenever I feel a bit down, I remember this, and it makes me feel better. Some of my closest friends know precisely what I mean when I feel silly about something like the Orzo Salad incident. But there are some things in life that we can’t change, no matter how hard we try.
In our fast-paced world, it’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle. But I try to remember that the most important things are the ones that matter most. I’m deeply grateful for all the love and support I’ve received from everyone, and I hope that Karen finds the strength to get through this difficult time. I know she has the heart and soul to overcome any challenge that comes her way. I’ll keep her in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope to see her smile again soon. She knows how to live a whole life, regardless of its duration, and I hope she will live a long and healthy life, just like all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment