The Upper Midwest Trail Runners Association (UMTR) hosted an awards festival, which I had hoped would bring together many people I wanted to see. We may have needed a larger facility if the people I missed could have made it. The weather was perfect, and the awards were outstanding. Don and Bonny deserved them. What would happen to this sport without that close group of workhorses? I’m going to name some, but there are many others with a passion. I can’t thank them enough; I’m sure they feel the same. I’m disappointed I don’t have the urge to run. Maybe it’s running burnout?
I did have the urge to bike. I was short of 50 miles for the weekend with the great weather. If I had known, I would have gone around the block a few times. I hope the Indian summer holds a few more days, but I think that’s a dream. It’s time for colder weather. Thank god I have a great workout room at the office with bikes, an elliptical, weights, and a treadmill. I may stay in and try the “Diane Farmer” training method for a while. I’m still deciding which TV show I prefer.
I hope you’re well. Remember to vote. If you need opinions, check out http://margaretandhelen.wordpress.com. These funny elderly ladies have great posts about Sarah Palin and “Maverick my ass.” They’re feisty for their age and make me laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment