Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blood boiled

Typically, I maintain a reserved approach to political matters. This is despite my undergraduate degree in Political Science and my current government employment. However, this year, I have discovered a fervent passion, albeit of the incorrect type, and its intensity fluctuates unpredictably.


This year, I prioritized the Vice President over the President. One candidate is older, and the other has a likely successor. I was disappointed with both VP announcements. I love McCain, but Palin ruined my vote for them. Then there’s the bizarre Norm Coleman and Al Franken fiasco, which is even worse.


Subsequently, I observed my esteemed Republican friend, Neil Peterson, respond to the Party’s actions. He voted in favor of the transportation bill to override the veto, but the Republican members of the state responded with childish tantrums and attempted to remove him from office. Consequently, he was unsuccessful in his primary campaign. Neil Peterson has accomplished more during his tenure than any other individual I am aware of. His allegiance lies with Minnesota, not a political party. 


Tonight, I called a Republican volunteer and snapped. I vowed never to vote for them again after the Governor’s two-year-old behavior and his party’s actions. I felt guilty, realizing I wasn’t better off than they were. Now, I’m torn between the President and the local elections. I need clarification, but I’m not alone in my concerns.


I am seeking clarification on whether this emotional distress and confusion are primarily attributed to my significant mileage reduction and irregular exercise regimen. Regardless, decisive action is imperative, and I am uncertain whether I am prepared to make such a choice, nor am I sure if I will be.


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...