Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hills and topography

Met Karen Gall at Hyland on Wednesday. We did 12-14 hill repeats. I forgot the rock pile trick, and we weren’t sure we moved a rock each time. It didn’t feel as hard as my Buck Hill experience last year. Last year, 12-14 repeats left me feeling it, and the last few were tough. This was a workout, but not as hard as I remembered. Last year, I averaged 20-21 minutes per mile, and yesterday, we averaged about 19 minutes per mile.


Hyland is only 60% of Buck Hill, which explains the difference. My experience yesterday was equivalent to 8 Buck Hill repeats. I’ll head out there on Thursday next week with a goal of 20 or more repeats, which will be like 12 at Buck Hill.


The race is three weeks away. Training is better, but I feel less in shape. There are always second thoughts and doubts, but the advice is to keep moving forward.














I found an elevation chart for County Road 6 to Silver Bay, the reverse of the course. The climbs in the Tettegouche section are a bummer, so I rated this as the second most challenging part of the course. The first is that climb out of Crosby.  That is very brutal and drains the energy!


A full race chart is below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...