Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tagged by google

I received an email from Google about a post from 2008.  It was tagged as inappropriate as the header was dirty girls.  It was about the gaiters used by many ultra runners.  I changed the header, and they released it.  It can be viewed here:  https://easepeaselife.blogspot.com/2008/09/gaiters-flagged.html.

The most significant highlight of the week was the opportunity to review my retirement options. As previously mentioned, the work environment has become increasingly toxic. One supervisor appears to foster a hostile environment for employees, including me, deliberately. This behavior raises concerns about whether it is an attempt to drive us out of the company. The only positive aspect of attending work and performing my best is that it irritates those responsible for the toxic environment. It is disheartening to witness such behavior, but it is a reality that we must accept.


I have gradually recovered from low iron levels. I no longer have a strong desire to chew ice, but I still experience shortness of breath and fatigue. It is a six-month journey with oral supplements, as the insurance will not cover Injectafer treatments, which were successful in 2017 and again in 2019 when I was low. The follow-up appointment is scheduled for July 19.


I have been riding a bicycle more recently. Since January, the rides have seemed particularly challenging. A few days ago, I discovered that the relative intensity setting in my software (Rouvy) was set to 150%. This explains why I questioned the rapid decline in my conditioning. I rode yesterday at 100% and it was gratifying; I did not feel like I was going to collapse.


I recently captured my first exceptional bird photograph. A Cooper's Hawk was in the neighborhood, and I managed to take pictures without scaring it away. I will conclude with a humorous anecdote I recently heard. A comb was the most suitable gift for a bald man because he could never part with it!



Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...