Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Hope to live to retire

I’ve been feeling pretty down for a while now. I know this might not be the best place to vent, but writing down my thoughts is the best way to keep my sanity! Most of my problems have been related to work stress. I’ve got less than a year to get to the point where I can retire, and I need to hang in there a little longer!

My work environment has become so toxic that it’s affecting most of the team—well, not the whole team, but most of them. It’s gotten to the point where we can’t even mention the name of a previous staff member the Director doesn’t like without facing petty treatment. The staff has even made acronyms to keep the superior from understanding what we’re talking about.

We can’t do our jobs without worrying about upsetting someone with “connections.” Otherwise, the superiors will take the side of the connections and immediately blame the staff. We’re told not to take action even when we know an issue exists. I had one case before the “Feeding the Children” fraud was discovered; staff were ordered to fast-track an application to allow the favored individual to continue serving the children in the community. Most team members knew it was a fraud from the start, but the Department's head ordered an affordable approach. Two weeks before the State detected the scam, it was approved. Once the arrests started, we never heard from the applicant again.

I take pride in my job, and that’s now rare for the team. People are in it for the money; they rarely care about what they do. Many have told me to check out and make easy money for the year I must retire. I can’t do it, but I’m worried it will kill me if I don’t.

Where to go and what to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...