Sunday, June 5, 2022

Six month's later

I need to improve my writing frequency, crazy how time flies. I miss frequently expressing my thoughts, not just for others, but for my mental health. Frustration arises daily from our country’s division. Many know Trump is a bully who lies, cheats, and manipulates. Some friends refuse to talk to me because of this. My co-worker, however, believes Trump is the savior. We often speak, and I accept her position, though I may never understand it. Unfortunately, this is no longer the norm in society.


After volunteering at races, I stopped because of the increasing number of ungrateful people. At the Superior 100, a runner threatened to punch me out for taking the tracker after they were over the cut-off. This experience lost my enjoyment of volunteering. I’ve heard similar stories from others. A parent shoved a friend’s baseball coach because his kid wasn’t at the top of the order. These youth programs struggle to find coaches because parents with hateful tendencies are reluctant to volunteer, fearing it might interfere with their behavior.


We’re nearing the Grandma’s Marathon again. It’s hard to believe it was eight years ago when I ran my last one. It was challenging, but it was my 30th year, and I ran it with my son. That ended my running for me; it felt like work. I’ve been biking more, alternating between e-bikes and non-e-bikes. I wear a monitor to keep my heart rate above 115 BPM, averaging 125 to 130 BPM during rides. I’ve covered just under 1,400 miles this year.


I had a little fun with a photo enhancer to make me look younger. The enhancer removed the signs of aging and lines. The hair and beard were not touched. Is this not bad for an old guy?


Kids now receive stickers, certificates, and prizes for various activities, such as reading, selling wrapping paper, and participating in sports. Birthdays and parties also come with prizes. However, if a team doesn’t win, they don’t receive a trophy. Motivational tools and incentives have their place, but many kids feel entitled to whatever they want. While not all kids think this, too many believe they deserve a trophy for showing up. Unfortunately, you won’t get a medal, certificate, prize, or ribbon for doing what you should do. It starts with parents realizing they’re not perfect —and neither are their kids. You don’t get a trophy just because you showed up.


I’m tired of young adults who grew up getting trophies for showing up. Their entitled attitude creates a bad impression. If I don’t praise them daily, they’d think they’re failing. As long as I make them feel successful a few times a day, I must do the work myself, because they can’t function without it. I wish that were a joke, but it’s not.


I did take a few hours and had some fun with the dog and treats. Some images are included!


Aside from that, my life is a constant cycle of excessive work and insufficient leisure time. I fervently hope that my work does not take a toll on my health, so I can fully enjoy retirement. I am approaching a milestone of 1 million minutes before my imminent retirement. I intend to continue writing, even if it remains unread. Writing serves as a therapeutic outlet, and who has not experienced the need for such solace in the past few years?


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...