Monday, June 6, 2022

New bike?

In my garage, I have 13 bicycles. Two belong to my son, two are Shelley's, five are Shelley’s grandchildren, and four are mine. Among these, I own two Surly Long Haul Truckers. One is an electric-assist bicycle equipped with the Bionx D500 kit installed in 2015, while the other is designed for riding without electric assistance. Additionally, I have my original Cannondale SR400 from the 1980s and my Juiced RipCurrent S fat-tire bike. The Bionx has accumulated approximately 12,000 miles and is experiencing intermittent issues. The Juiced Bike has approximately 4,000 miles on it, and I can tell the motor is getting less effective; it may be near the end of its life. Bionx employs a brushless system, whereas the Juiced uses a Bafang brushless geared motor, which rarely exceeds 5,000 miles.

My friend and I acquired the Bionx D500 kits simultaneously. Last year, his Bionx failed at approximately 4,500 miles. Since Bionx declared bankruptcy in 2018, obtaining repairs has become impossible. I have approximately 10,000 miles on my Bionx and anticipate that it may be nearing the end of its lifespan. Consequently, I decided to seek a reliable bicycle on sale.

I was fortunate to discover a Diamondback Current as a replacement for the Bionx. Tomorrow will mark the commencement of my first long ride, and I am hopeful that it will be an appropriate choice. I acquired the bike at a substantial discount of $12,000! It is challenging to resist the allure of the Bosch Performance Line CX motor and its accompanying components.

LHT with Bionx



LHT
Juiced Rip Current



Diamondback Current



Let me see how it goes. So now I have 14 bikes in the garage, five of which are mine: three electric and two non-electric.


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...