Guess what? I bicycled to work today without getting soaked by the rain! But, oh my goodness, it was just perfect timing—the rain started as soon as I pulled into the garage after work! I’m not a fan of riding in the rain for safety reasons.
After today, I’ve logged a whopping 1,429.1 miles in 83 hours of riding, which averages 17.21 MPH! I know that might sound fast, but with the e-bike, it’s a breeze. When I’m riding the e-bike, I set my Garmin to buzz my watch if my heart rate drops below 110 BPM or rises above 140 BPM. I then adjust the assist accordingly. So far, my average heart rate is 127 BPM, which means I still get a great workout on my 40-minute commute. In the summer months, I commute by bike almost three times as much as by car. I haven’t noticed any gas price increases, as it’s been over a month since I last filled up my car.
I’m planning to ride again tomorrow and hope to ride every day this week. The weather might throw a wrench in that plan, though.
I’ll end with a story about never giving up!
When things get hard, persevere through adversity. Many people give up on their dreams because the work becomes too difficult, tedious, or tiresome–but often, you're closer to the finish line than you may think, and if you push just a little harder, you will succeed.
During the gold rush, a man who had been mining in Colorado for several months quit his job. He had yet to strike gold, and the work was becoming tiresome. So he sold his equipment to another man, who resumed mining where he had left off.The new miner's engineer advised him that gold was only three feet from where the first miner stopped digging. The engineer was right, which means the first miner was a mere three feet away from striking gold before he quit.The Moral:When things start to get hard, try to persevere through adversity. Many people give up on their dreams because the work becomes too difficult, tedious, or tiresome–but often, you're closer to the finish line than you may think, and if you push just a little more complicated, you will succeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment