Friday, July 5, 2013

Fireworks 2.0

In 2012, I made my first attempt at fireworks photography. While I was pleased with the results, I felt that the photos could have been improved. In 2013, I believe I made progress. Although there’s still room for improvement to achieve those perfect shots, I dedicated the week before to planning my shoot. I considered the ideal location, background, and foreground elements. After making my decision, I patiently awaited favorable weather conditions. I think the location was suitable, although the lake was so filled with scum that the reflection didn’t meet my expectations.


Below are some examples of my efforts.



 I’m thoroughly enjoying the photo-taking experience. I perceive things differently and notice details I hadn’t noticed before when I look at them from a global perspective—not a world-like perspective, but rather focusing on the details in the subject, the foreground, and the background. Imagine how the contrast, composition, and relationship between these elements create the perfect photo. I hope to improve my skills in 2014. That’s always the best goal we can have in life—to improve and be content with our progress.


So, I’m eagerly anticipating spending a significant portion of Friday on the Superior Trail 100-mile hike. I’ll be using my newfound visualization skills to identify areas where I can enhance my ability to convey a story in a single snapshot by effectively utilizing the subject, foreground, and background. I hope to succeed, but even if I don’t, I’m excited about the journey itself!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...