Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Still a slacker

I’m struggling to meet my writing goals. I intended to write more frequently, thoughtfully, and enlighteningly. It’s been 17 days since my last post, and I’ve been battling a severe chest cold that makes it difficult to function.


Life feels aimless. I work, clean, exercise, sleep, and repeat. I try to stay positive, but it’s challenging. Humans often create their own problems, but some things are truly disheartening. For instance, my girlfriend’s notorious tardiness. She’s an hour late when she says she’ll be home at 8. Her kids and I joke about it, but it’s inconsiderate.


I’ve had a few good workouts, aiming for at least 45 minutes of hard exercise and incorporating yoga. Working 60-65 hours a week makes it challenging to achieve my goals. I’ve tried progesterone cream, usually used for menopause, but it may balance hormones for men. I’ve been using it for two days, but I haven’t noticed any difference.


I hope to get the bike out in three weeks and look forward to the rides to and from work. They’re hard but enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer vanishes

The summer vanished in a blur of relentless caregiving for Shelley and constantly entertaining the grandkids. Shelley hosts what is called C...