Thursday, March 21, 2013

It is MY house!

Several years ago, during the economic downturn, I decided to move in with my girlfriend. I cover her rent, which would have been a negligible expense if I had lived alone. Consequently, financial matters did not hold significant importance for me. 


However, over the course of a few years, I experienced a loss of personal identity. I no longer possess items from my previous life when my son and I resided independently. Instead, I am now surrounded by her and her daughter’s memories. Her dishes, colors, photographs, decor, and various other belongings are all present. She expresses her desire for me to feel comfortable and make the space our own, but when she becomes upset, she reminds me, “It’s my house.” She is correct. I find myself questioning the purpose of my actions.


In December 2005, this same individual ended our relationship, and I met a very supportive female companion. We did not engage in a traditional dating relationship, as I adhere to the one-year rule. She was not self-centered and possessed the ability to make a man feel valued. There was no sexual intimacy involved; she accepted my natural actions and hers. She intuitively understood what brought me joy. Even seemingly insignificant details had a profound impact. I successfully lost nearly 100 pounds, and life was exceptionally fulfilling. 


However, the individual who had ended our relationship was subsequently dumped, and she returned to me. Naturally, I made the mistake of reconciling with her. Since then, her actions have instilled a sense of self-doubt within me. She is undoubtedly the most challenging person to love. This may be why I continue to persevere in my efforts. Nevertheless, I am compelled to contemplate whether I should abandon this endeavor.


It is time for introspection. This is her residence, where I reside. It may be prudent to relocate to a new place without her as a significant part of my life. As she accurately points out, it is “her house,” and I am merely a tenant. A healthy transition may entail distancing myself from her life and residence.


I can sense my frustration. I am beginning to comprehend the reasons behind her ex-husband’s departure.


I arrived at work early today, and another 60-plus-hour week awaits me. I detest my job. However, as I mentioned yesterday, I am content with only a small portion of anything. I desire pleasant weather so that I can at least engage in cycling. Therefore, I have a glimmer of hope, as if there were not already a glimmer of hope; what else could there be? Perhaps medication. The ideal medication for this situation is FUKITOL!


All you quiet dreamers, carry on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...