As we near the end of this decade, I came across a study that reveals 20 things that happen every minute of every day. These incidents occurred three times while I was writing this post. These include:
1) The average American household makes $0.096, whereas Oprah makes $523
2) 250 babies are born, 113 into poverty, and 15 with birth defects
3) Someone working in a Nike Factory in Vietnam makes $0.0014, and Nike makes $36,505
4) 55,757 barrels of oil are used
WOW. There are many more startling statistics, but I ran into this and quickly shared a few.
I ran for 40 minutes at a 15% incline and 3.3 MPH and felt fine. I’ll keep working out, even though life’s busy, which is good. Another employee left for another job, but we’re not filling the position, so my workload hasn’t decreased from 6 to 4. Fortunately, the economy isn’t terrible, but we’re not overly busy.
Cynthia Brockman, a beloved member of the running community, passed away after battling cancer. Though I only met her once, I followed her cancer battle on her CaringBridge site. Blogs enable us to connect with people and understand their struggles without having to meet them. I wrote about this a while back: https://easepeaselife.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-is-blog-and-why-blog.html. There is also a great post about her at http://runningminnesota.blogspot.com/2009/05/cynthia-brochman.html.
Accepting the loss of a loved one is always difficult. I’ve had many friends pass away, including two great high school friends in an accident in 1980, a college friend’s suicide in 1990, and many others. Most recently, in 2006, I lost a great friend and wrote about her a few times. Most recently, when I explained, she was one of the reasons I finished my post with Carry On. https://easepeaselife.blogspot.com/2008/08/carry-on-all-you-quiet-dreamers-carry-on.html
When we lose loved ones in such times, we can only remember their energy, smiles, and zest for life. I recall meeting Cynthia, whose smile was unique and her love for life infectious. I must remember that life is precious and cherish the time I have. I wish you all a great 2010 and beyond!
Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment