Thursday, December 3, 2009

Update

Upon revisiting my junk email inbox after an extended period, I discovered an abundance of unsolicited messages, particularly those related to male-centric topics. This phenomenon seems to be prevalent among individuals over the age of 45, as I have observed a significant increase in such emails.


In recent weeks, I have successfully achieved a weight loss of three pounds, aiming for a weekly average of two pounds. To maintain this progress, I have incorporated a daily workout routine that includes stationary biking, elliptical training, and a 15% grade treadmill at a speed of 2.5 to 2.0 MPH. Despite the relatively low heart rate achieved during these workouts, I am uncertain whether this constitutes a cause for concern. Additionally, I am still experiencing chest congestion that has persisted for several months.


Recently, there have been several posts regarding one of my preferred running routes, the Minnesota River bottoms in Bloomington. This flat area extends from Lyndale to Highway 169, with notable hills encountered at the end of Cedar Avenue, leading towards Lyndale. While these hills may not be comparable to the Murphy or Lebabnon-type hills, they do represent a discernible elevation change.


I intend to resume my regular runs on this trail by March 4th or 5th, potentially incorporating organized Wednesday night runs. The trail’s pleasant nature and my proximity to it make it an ideal choice.


As with many individuals, my goals have been subject to adjustments due to unforeseen circumstances, including the cancellation and uncertainty surrounding various races. I have received pressure to participate in Grandma’s race once again, but I find it challenging to generate enthusiasm for such an event. Having successfully achieved my 25-year goal, I am content with my accomplishments and do not desire the crowds and excessive pricing associated with the event.


For reference, a Stud Brothers reunion will be held at Bunkers on December 26th. Mick Sterling and the Stud Brothers are renowned for their exceptional performances, and I intend to attend. Given the busy holiday season and the subsequent decline in online activity, I have decided to include this event in my calendar.


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...