Friday, September 25, 2009

Ups, downs, biopsies

 I had a great start to the week. PT on my shoulder has me lifting weights pain-free (about 60% of my pre-bike crash strength). The doctor hasn’t cleared me to run, but walking is painless. I jumped on the treadmill, cranked it to 15% (the max), and walked for 20 minutes. It was a great workout. I did it again the next day, perspiring harder than I’ve done in a long time. I thought of Diane Farmer’s successful ST 100 training: cranks the treadmill high and walks until you die. I could’ve walked another mile, but I wanted to ease in.


The third morning, I woke up without pain, but my knee was bruised. I hit something, but I don’t know what it was. It looks like a vampire bit me! The bruise is over a dollar coin. I had to take time to do other things anyway, as I’m a referee for the NCAA Regional and had to set up the draws.


I’ve had problems with my esophagus, including hoarseness. I visited the doctor and got medicine for the pain, but it didn’t help. Today, I had an upper GI endoscopy to check for unexplained growths. Biopsies were taken, and I’ll wait a few weeks for the results. Should I have asked Steve to analyze them? He loves that stuff. It’s unfortunate, but I think of Don. Check out his blog about running, his illness, and other challenging issues. I’m fortunate to have had few problems in my life.


I've been posting a picture a day on the other blog. It's hard to find or take really cool pictures each day,  although the one from earlier this week is just cool. What a great idea Emily had! I would have liked to see the look on Steven's face, whoever he is!


I am preparing for winter and looking forward to the cold weather. I'm not sure why, but I like that crisp air in my lungs, that sense of tranquility from the white of newly fallen snow, and I want to get through 2009. It hasn't been a good year. Last time I had a bad year, I had a few outstanding years.


I'm looking forward to that.


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...